Monday 15 July 2019

GB GP - "That's the home win mate"

First thing to note....Channel 4 appeared to have dropped The Chain.

Bottas gave us a surprise pole, which was very welcome.  The first half of the race was a classic; the second half was boring.  On Lap 1, Haas took out Haas, which was a prelude to a much more interesting smash later.  There was a great bit of overtaking without injury between the Mercedes, Hamilton on Bottas and straight away, Bottas on Hamilton.  I continue to maintain that Vettel will retire at the end of the season, which I wrote when he was overtaken by Gasly on Lap 12...

I haven't missed Bedward, watching on Sky as we do, his shrieking every time something happens is off-putting, see Verstappen and LeClerc's battle on Lap 14.

Giovannizi's (sorry if I've spelt that wrong, this is his first mention on the blog) retirement triggered a safety car, which gave Hamilton a free pit stop and the race win.

Further confirmation of my Vettel retirement prediction came on Lap 38 when he shunted Verstappen.  I was very pleased there was an escape road for Verstappen to return to the race track.

The tale of the first half ends here.

I have one further note and that is that Hamilton made a nice speech thanking his team post-race.

No comments:

Post a Comment