Monday 27 November 2017

A Fond Farewell?

This Fantasy F1 league has it's roots in my teenage years, I can't remember how long it lasted that time but time was definitely called by 1998.  A decade later, I mentioned this geekery to Beauty & the F1 Geek, who immediately called for it's return.  I think that was in 2009 but it may have been the year before or even before that...we definitely worked together at the time (I'm sure someone will post in the comments...).  It doesn't feel like much has changed in that time, other than the arrival of Jenson's Whinging Legacy and consequently two Pitstop Princes.

Squeezing in watching the races is becoming trickier, as I'm sure you've noticed from my erratic posting, and typing up the results and banter even harder.  In fact, it's now a chore rather than a hobby.  And so, it may be time to wave the chequered flag.

Unless the league could be run more collectively.  If someone could arrange the spreadsheet and people could sign up to a rota to write the race posts, then the whole shebang could live on.  Let me know if you're interested.

4 comments:

  1. Just want to say thanks again Pitstop Princess for all the efforts into this through the years... This season was definitely not a classic, and I know you'll have many other worthy distractions with your boys... Whatever happens to FF1 - it's been sweet - thank you for all the fun and competition.

    'Hoping for...'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why seeing your little men flourish and grow, gurgle and gurn and go from egocentric, solipsistic, arrogant brats to more well-rounded human beings would finally pall. But enough of F1. Good luck with your own family and thanks for putting together the best fantasy league bar none. Please sign me up if you decide to make a comeback! It's been a blast. (If you do keep it going, I could do one or two reports but I only get the BEEB.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Haas car launch made me think about F1 and FF1 again and then this stopped me short. A season without FF1...?

    Thank you Pitstop Princess for putting this together year after year - it's added an extra spice to the races, even when
    Mercedes were just winning everything. I guess not everyone has seen this yet, so it's not exactly an overwhelming response...but I'd be keen to help run things.

    I have the spreadsheet I put together for the scores (only slightly ruined by drivers switching team allegiances partway through the season) and I could definitely do some write-ups, though I've only got C4 (don't know what I'm going to do in 2019, but that's a different problem).

    Bring on 25th March!
    twctfwcuatog

    ReplyDelete
  4. think I've managed to set up budgets, rules and the like for next year. now looking to negotiate the FF1 franchise from Pitstop Princess.

    Watch this space.

    --Moneyball--

    ReplyDelete